1/ Data controller
Rue Achille Fiévez, 16
Additional information will be provided as necessary when you subscribe to a particular product or service.
2/ To whom is our data protection policy addressed?
This policy is intended for the users of our websites, our customers, our former customers and people we prospect who are interested in our services and products.
3/ What categories of data can we process?
We only collect and use the personal data we need for our business, which allows us to offer you personalized and quality products and services.
We may collect various categories of personal data from you, including:
– Identifying information (e.g. last name, first name) ;
– Contact information (e.g., postal and e-mail addresses, telephone numbers);
– Tax information (e.g. VAT number, country of reference) ;
– Banking, financial and transaction information (e.g. your bank details, purchase and payment history);
– Data about your habits and preferences:
o Data related to the use of our products and services (e.g. language of use, personalized messages, interests).
o We may record certain information based on the cookies we set. For more information, please see our Cookie Usage Statement.
4/ For what purposes do we use your data and what is the legal basis for this processing?
We use your personal data:
With your permission (legal basis: Article 6a of Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR)).
- When you ask us questions through the contact and support procedures that have been put in place.
- For sending newsletters to which you have subscribed.
In order to perform contracts (legal basis: Article 6b of Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR)):
- For the follow-up and processing of your orders and registrations.
- To provide you with information about our products and services;
- For the follow-up and processing of complaints and returns.
- For general customer management, including accounting, litigation and dispute management, collection or transfer of receivables and protection of our rights in general.
Where we have a legitimate interest, as part of our marketing activities. In such a case, we always ensure that we maintain a certain balance in terms of your privacy (legal basis: Article 6f of Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR)) :
- To inform you about our products and services, potentially based on your marketing profile.
- Prevent and combat fraud and abuse.
In order to fulfil the legal obligations to which we are subject (legal basis: Article 6c of Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR)):
5/ Can your personal data be transferred to third parties?
Your personal data may be shared with our subcontractors for services on our behalf (e.g. external call centres, advertising agencies, IT suppliers, IT services, clouds, etc.) and only if we have instructed them to do so.
6/ Transfer of data outside the European Economic Area “EEA”.
Your personal data is not shared outside the European Union.
7/ How long do we keep your personal data?
We retain your personal data for the longest period necessary to comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
Other time limits may apply:
- Either because of operational constraints such as good account management or effective customer relationship management;
- Or to respond to complaints filed in court or by a regulatory agency.
With respect to customers, most information is retained for the duration of the contractual relationship and for a maximum of 10 years after the contractual relationship has ended.
For inactive prospects, information is kept for a maximum of 3 years.
8/ How do we protect your personal data?
Your personal data will be treated confidentially. We endeavour to take the necessary technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of this data.
9/ What are your rights? How can you exercise them?
In accordance with the applicable regulations, you have various rights, namely:
- Right of access: you can obtain information about the processing of your personal data as well as a copy of these personal data.
- Right of rectification: If you believe that your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, you may request that your personal data be amended accordingly.
- Right to erasure: you can request that your personal data be erased.
- Right to restrict processing: you can request that the processing of your personal data be restricted.
- Right to object: you may object to the processing of your personal data for reasons related to your personal situation. You have the absolute right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, including profiling in connection with such direct marketing.
- Right to withdraw your consent: if you have consented to the processing of your data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- Right to data portability, where applicable, you have the right to insist that the personal data you have provided to us be returned to you or, where technically possible, transferred to a third party.
You can exercise the rights listed above by contacting us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending a letter to YAKA COMPANY, Rue Achille Fiévez, 16, Ways 1474, Belgium.
In accordance with the applicable regulations, you have the right to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
11/ How to contact us
Rue Achille Fiévez, 16
Or by email:
Last update : 05/06/2019